Sunday, January 30, 2011

Will this Wind......?

Long ago, I believe in 1982 or 1983 I watched a special on HBO - "The Secret Policeman's Ball". It was a recording of a benefit for Amnesty International by the Monty Python group along with some special guest performers. They did several of their greatest skits, each of which hysterically funny.

I hadn't taped the show but thought that I would be able to in a few days because HBO always does repeats. However,I was very disappointed when I found that there were no more repeats. I must have watched the final showing.

I especially loved this particular skit - "Will this Wind ...?" done with guest Rowan Atkinson. For years I would often think of that show and regret not having recorded it. Then, just this past year I saw a Monty Python video on YouTube and got the brilliant idea to try a Search for that particular skit. Amazing - I found it! It took over a quarter century but now I have it on my hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment